Friday, May 8, 2020

Last week of DFI

AGENDA









Ubiquitous Learning

I love this idea and again can't believe I haven't really thought about this concept until now. I do need to make sure I practice this even more-if I don't I am not giving the support needed for my students learning.
Effective teaching-cause learning! And the Summer Learning Journey-so through the Summer Holidays tamariki can continue with Ubiquitous Learning, the data says it all.









Teaching online (during Covid-19)
What are you proud of? I am proud of how myself and my team have worked collaboratively together throughout this lock down. The mahi that is on our Site is there for those tamariki that can access it. There is so much Ubiquitous Learning there waiting for them.

What will you be taking forward into the 'new' era of schooling? To continue to use our Site and ensure that all our mahi that we will be covering/covering in class will be there. It will be available for those tamariki that are absent or for those that need to go over it again!

I am so proud of myself and the others how we continued with the DFI course during lock down. I did think about not continuing it and I am glad that Nik suggested I did!

Exam all done! Gosh my eyes were very sore afterwards and I pretty much needed the whole time. I actually enjoyed the scenario based questions and saw it as learning/practising the skills that I have learnt rather than a test. My exam didn't validate though so I had to send a form to the help desk.

There is so much I could say about my DFI journey but in all honesty I think all my precious Blog Posts sum it up. I feel very privilege to be given the opportunity to participate in DFI (especially seen I have only joined Awapuni School this year). It is great now though that my team (Janine, Sherryl and myself) have all done DFI, it will be so beneficial for our learners and I am looking forward to continuing my learning journey with Amie.

I have really enjoyed hearing about the Manaiakalani Kaupapa especially Learn, Create, Share and Ubiquitous Learning. DFI has increased my confidence when it comes to all things digital and look forward to exploring this learning even more with my tamariki and team.

I will ensure that I continue to update my Blog with new learning as this amazing journey continues.

Ngā mihi nui,

Michelle





1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Michelle,
    It was so exciting to read through your reflection and note all the incredible things to celebrate! I love the way you have acknowledged your team, as I agree, you are working incredibly well together and your collective strengths have really helped each of you to grow even more exponentially than you would have alone. The Team Toroa tamariki are so fortunate to have you all and I look forward with excitement to seeing how much you will continue to challenge them, with your wonderful existing teaching practice, and also with the ubiquitous learning you're now offering them. They are certainly lucky kids to be in your space and I'm sure they'll all be so enthusiastic about heading back to school to learn face to face with you all again,
    I do hope the return to school goes smoothly and look forward to our new challenges ahead.
    Well done again!
    Amie

    ReplyDelete