Friday, April 24, 2020

Devices

AGENDA

CYBER SMART
I enjoyed listening to Fiona speak today about Cyber Smart. I liked how she mentioned to keep the language positive-eg "what will I see you doing if you are doing the right thing online".

HAPARA
I still can't believe Hapara this so new to me. I think it is amazing. I had some PD with Tony last week around Hapara so I knew mostly everything Dorothy was saying today but one thing I learnt is that when you click in gmail, if the title of the email is still bold it tells you they haven't opened the email. Good to know!

MANAIAKALANI JOURNEY








EXPLAIN EVERYTHING









CHROMEBOOK SIMULATOR and DIGITAL DIG
This lesson would have been even more valuable if we were able to use a chrome book, the Manaiakalani team did a great job at thinking outside the square to try and continue this mahi. I have used a student chrome book a few times but not enough to really understand the differences. This is definitely something all teachers should do to be able to support their tamariki more with their learning.

CYBER SMART
I really enjoyed having time today to explore the Cyber Smart Values. Below I have added links to two screencastify videos I made while exploring them.
Smart Values
Smart Surfing

Blog-Teacher Inquiry
Blogger Tips

Google Training

Janine and myself are in the process of making a time to meet with Amie around our Blogs and Google Sheets.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    Great tip: Use positive language to reinforce ideal behaviours. Awesome Screencastify about Smart Values.

    Kia Manuia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Michelle,
    Great to see how much learning you're doing! I'm so pleased you're learning so much about Hāpara! Isn't it a great tool! One thing I really love is that you can retrieve one email that will send messages to your whole class... and also that it's a really positive online behaviour management tool that allows us to have some great conversations with learners about what appropriate choices look like.
    It was great to have a Google Meet with you and Janine about your Google Sheets and Blogger work - your learning has been exponential! Well done to all your team! I tried to watch your Screencasts and they say I need permission, so you may need to go back and change the sharing settings on your Screencastify folder? Wow I can't believe your DFI journey is nearly finished! What a journey it has been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Michelle,
    I could watch your screencasts so you must have the permissions correct now. I see you have the link to the Google training towards the exam. I used the training site by taking the quizzes at the end of each area and then going back to the parts where I had gaps.
    All the best for the exam.
    Regards,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Michelle,
    Yes - it is a good idea to use a Chromebook now and then to appreciate the size of the screen that learners contend with for one. It makes us consider this when designing work for them.
    See you on Friday
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete